I just built a quick preview of my last Kinect game prototype (started from my “Tron Legacy Disc” experience). PEGI 12: ThrowThemAll is an extreme energy losing game and can provoke tendinitis.
The concept is very simple:
Throw everything you have in your hand and try to avoid what the others throw to you.
I still have a lot of work to do on it, especially for the enemy IA , but it really becomes playable. Right now, there are 5 fully textured levels… and much more to come.
Thanks to Cedric Delcourt for helping me for 3D modeling.
Don’t be surprised by the stupid motion captures I used on my “test” enemy character.
I’ve built my own mocaps and adjusted them a bit with MotionBuilder.
Of course, these ones are just quick tests.
I’ve also added some new technical stuff:
- Split Screen for multiplayer
- Script to sync a ragdoll to an anim at any moment
- Script to handle explosion forces on breakable objects, ragdolls, walls.
- HealthManager for opponents (enemy or second player)
- Custom PathFollower with animation sequencing
- Advanced Projectile Class handling impact prefab, explosion prefab and decals
- CornFlex UI Lib Implementation
- CornFlex Realtime Mirror and GlowFilter Shaders.
- Bonus & Special Items
- Clean and finalize GUI interface.
- Coherent path waypoints and anims for enemies.
- Multiplayer mode
- LAN/P2P multiplayer mode
- DecalFramework Implementation
- Homemade SlowMotionShot script
- Add some post-processing effects